January 26, 2010

Monday Evening Marvel

Usually after a full weekend of having fun and then a Monday back at work wading through the weeds I am not in the mood to cook dinner. Sometimes, if I am feeling exceptionally preparatory, I will try and put something together Sunday night that I can just reheat on Monday.


Enter: Pioneer Woman's Curried Carrot & Squash Soup.
(Please print this recipe immediately!)









This soup has become a great staple around here because it is so simple -- just a few ingredients, chop and drop prep -- but it is such a delight to come home to. Especially when you can throw together some homemade garlic croutouns while you re-heat your soup.  I don't know if it is life changing, but I can certainly vouch for its Monday Night changing qualities.  You must try it! 


Homemade Garlic Croutons

1 Skinny Baguette, sliced on the diagonal (for the aformentioned soup I love La Brea Bakery's Whole Grain Baguette)
Enough Olive Oil to brush the tops of one side (or if you are trying to lightent things up, Cooking Spray works too)
Sprinkle Garlic Powder with a heavy hand
Sprinkle Onion Powder lightly
Broil for 5 mins on each side and try not to eat them all before your soup is down!

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Oh, that looks DELISH. Must go look at the recipe now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails