January 07, 2010

I Love A Good Weekender



On Friday night Garrett and I are officially San Diego bound.  It is our first weekender of 2010 and I'm pretty darn excited about it.  Our official reason is to head down for a Saturday morning wedding (interesting, right? I've never been to a morning wedding, I'm intrigued)  but we extended our stay a bit so that we could have some time to just wander around another city and enjoy each other's company and I really can't wait! 

I've written here numerous times about my unquenchable wanderlust, and I'm looking forward with great anticipation to another year of weekend adventures.  I'm kind of weird in my travel preferences -- I've only been out of the country once, and I'm totally okay with that.  I don't really have a pressing urge to "backpack through Europe" or visit "exotic locales" or whatever (I mean, if someone wanted to treat me to a trip through the Mediterranean I'd be hard pressed to say no) but I guess I just feel so lucky living here in such a diverse place (California, The West Coast, The United States) where it is so convenient to get away.  My travel desires are pretty simple -- Let's go somewhere fun, somewhere different (or of course somewhere the same that we love in San Diego's case), and preferably to a somewhere that we can enjoy over a long weekend.  I mean I'm all for 2 week long trips to Maui (sigh) but to me, the perfect weekend away is just so easily obtainable, that my pursuit of it is almost gluttonous. 

San Diego is a special place for us (I lived there a bit when I was small and my dad was playing for the (Super!) Chargers and my cousin is currently living there, and a good portion of Garrett's family lives down there) and every time we visit we discover something new.  Miles of beautiful coastline, big city-eats, and well, then of course there is this:



I'll take 76 degrees in the middle of winter for $1000, Alex!
(um...parts of my company today are closing today due to snowstorms...)

Needless to say I am giddy and excited and looking forward to a little adventure.  We are thinking of having breakfast here but wish us luck because apparently you need reservations???  Anyway, it should be a good time.  I'm looking forward to seeing the ocean, taking some pictures, and spending some relaxing down time with my love. 

Hope you all have lovely weekends wherever you are and whatever you do!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails