December 19, 2008

Pitchfork's Top 10 Albums of 2008

Pitchfork Media's list of Top 10 Albums of 2008 is out today and I was excited to see some of my favorites make the cut!

1. Fleet Foxes -- Sun Giant EP/Fleet Foxes
I have been effusive in my love for Fleet Foxes all year and I couldn't be happier for their success. They were an incredibly humble band with a fantastic sound!

2. Portishead -- Third

3. No Age -- Nouns

4. Cut Copy -- In Ghost Colours
So it has been no secret that Cut Copy gets me out of bed some mornings. There album is dancy and fun and if you need a pick me up you should give it a listen.

5. Deerhunter -- Microcastle

6. TV on the Radio -- Dear Science I just looked in my iTunes and I have an old TV on the Radio album and have never listened to it. Hmmm...I guess I need to bust that out!

7. Vampire Weekend -- Vampire Weekend
Vampire Weekend was an integral part of my LA Road Trip 2008. This album has been something I have connected with all year -- I love their voices, their sound, and OF COURSE I love the song Oxford Comma. I mean what English nerd wouldn't have love for a snarky song about punctuation?

8. M83 -- Saturdays=Youth
Love, LOVE, Love this album! Such emotion! They also have a unique sound and this album is very accesible if you have never listened to them.

9. Hercules and Love Affair -- Hercules and Love Affair

10. DJ/Rupture -- Uproot

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails