March 28, 2011

Things To Do This Week -- in bullets!

What are you up to this week?  I'd like to accomplish the following in my spare time:

1.  Figure out what I'm doing with my life.
Oh this could be the longest bullet, but since I don't talk about My So-Called Professional Life here it will be real short.  Rest assured, the steps involved are taking up quite a bit of space on the To-Do List.

2.  Get my freaking garden in order 
120 square feet, people.  This is a lot of space to manage with novice gardening skills, you see and I'm beginning to get anxious.  I have like 50 plates spinning relating to this garden -- seeds, little plants, direct sow, herbs, summer vegetables, flowers?  HOLY MOSES.  And now I must also test the soil in my garden beds since according to Finny this will help me grow a bazillion produce items?  What am I even going to do with this alleged bazillion items?  Sigh.  I need a To-Do List for this item on my To-Do List.

3.  Harness my inner party planner. 
Garrett turns 30 in exactly 40 days, which consequently happens on a Saturday.  Obviously there will be festivities.  The problem is mostly that being the extrovert I am, I would like to throw the World's Biggest Shindig.  And as you know having friends over for dinner makes Garrett want to take a week off from life, so obviously he would like to have a low-key mellow evening with friends.  I know it is his birthday after all, but I have some hand-wringing around the idea of such a landmark birthday going by without proper celebration.  We must compromise at some point, and obviously I need to deal with invitations.  I anticipate the management of this project to be, um...challenging to say the least. 

4.  Get some pants
The scale, that little bitch, has not really been moving for me as much as I would like in the past 2 months.  The thing is -- NONE OF MY PANTS FIT ANYMORE.  In fact, the pair that I am wearing today could probably fit not only me, but also an elephant playing the banjo.  And that is just in the booty area.  It's the biggest mindf*ck, really.  I know I am working hard, my body composition is changing but that damn scale is being stubborn.  It's lame.  And probably a post in itself, but I'm not going to do that to you today because I have talking A LOT about fitness lately and that's probably sounding a bit like a broken record. 

So...yeah -- who wants to help?
__________________

10 comments:

Erica said...

4. Submit my blog to crazy-pants review site.... oh wait, that was me.

Good luck with the new pants! Woo!

Erica said...

I realize I just used the word pants in two different ways but they aren't meant to go together at all or be some kind of pun.

LizScott said...

So here's a fun fact: I'm at my smallest pants size ever, but my highest weight ever. So like... what the fuck am I suppose to do with that?

Enjoy my new pants, ignore the scale, is what. :)

Elizabeth said...

Lay this gardening business on me lady, I am here to help!

AndreAnna said...

Don't buy new pants!! I literally have like 4-5 pair on thei way to you. I'm sorry I've been slacking on this; I just haven't gotten to the damn post office. I promise I ill send them this week Priority!!

See also: Eff the scale.

Jessica said...

Just reading about your garden makes me tired. And jealous, because you're talking about planting and its not even above freezing here.

Also, I assume you're not getting rid of the too-big pants. I'm six months prego and still wearing "fat pants" half the time instead of maternity ones - it doubles my wardrobe!

Jessica said...

Um, that "not getting rid of the pants" thing was supposed to have a question mark. It's not a command. I'm not THAT bossy.

sarah said...

If I was there I would totally go pants shopping and play party planner with you!

Megan Zavieh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan Zavieh said...

We are so in the same place in life on so many things! I'll take any gardening knowledge you gain. I'm about to embark on growing the largest garden I've ever tried (ok, my two pots of herbs and three tomato plants last year were the biggest to date, so I don't have to do much to beat it, but I am going to try for a serious, grocery-producing veggie patch).

Tommy and I are just like you and Garrett when it comes to parties, though the sexes are switched. Know what I love for a big bday? A surprise trip somewhere, or special visitor, or super cool experience instead of a party.

I totally agree on keeping the big pants, just for future reference! I have at times owned five sizes of pants, but at some point I have managed to need them again.

(Sorry about the deleted comment! Looked funny posting as my dad and me on our work identity!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails