October 17, 2008

Goodbye 20s, Hello 30s!

Well I survived.

Yep, that's right, I turned 30 this week and didn't die of absolute shock! Actually, I employed a strategy that included throwing a party last weekend that sort of numbed the pain, so I think that when Tuesday came around I was sort of at peace with everything.

None of it would have been possible without my adorable mother -- well, er, I was talking about the party, but I guess there's that whole, you know, fact that she bore me and all that other stuff, so I guess literally NONE of it would have been possible without her. But anyway, isn't she cute? She sure knows how to create a great party vibe!



She, and my aunt Yvonne, and my Uncle Mark have been been basically doing round the clock "Holly's Life" Triage for the past two weeks leading up to this event, and I have been overwhelmed with gratitude over this last week for what a great support system I have. It started with the fact that I moved into the guest house behind some friends' house the week before I threw this party (and they all three helped immensely). Then it continued through the next week with all the planning and the party preparations and such, which is not for the faint of heart. It was held in my friends' back yard, which is pretty cool because incidentally now it is my backyard -- and it is quite a happenin space if I do say so:



And here is my cute little pad, off to the side:



All of my favorite people came -- including my whole family, who are a ton of fun!















(I guess you get the idea that we like the Giants, eh?)

Some of my most fabulous co-workers came:



And even two of my friends from back in high school and all the cute boys in their lives came:





A great band called The Golden Cadillacs played a set after dinner and they were an absolute HIT! There was dancing, and hollering, and good times being had by all.









Overall I could not have had a better birthday, and the party made me realize that I am really blessed to have a lot of love in my life. I'm not going to go gettin' all Beyonce-at-the-VMAs on y'all and thank God for making my dreams come true, but seriously...it feels good to be loved!

And what better time to have that giant life hug then when you turn 30!

(Dude...I feel an "I Love You, Man" coming on!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails