September 02, 2008

Tomato-Sauce-Free Alternatives

So it's no surprise to anyone who knows me that I LOVE pizza. Fancy pizza, frozen pizza, take and bake pizza, cold pizza -- it doesn't matter, I will say "yes, please" every time. I have a few pizza rules -- No BBQ'd chicken, no mushrooms -- but other than that, if you can put it on a crust I'll take it!

Last night Garrett and I were tired from the weekend's festivities (I went kayaking for the first time and it ROCKED!) so we decided it was definitely a pizza night. But I was still feeling a little creative and happened to have some cheapy pre-made pizza crusts from Raley's in the fridge, so I went to town and whipped these up from a few random ingredients and HOLY MOLY were our tummies happy!



Clockwise from the top:

*Pesto, Mozzarella, Asiago, and Tomatoes
*Olive Oil, Mozzarella, Caramelized Sweet Onions, Oregano, and Feta
*Olive Oil, Mozzarella, Yellow Peppers, and Caramelized Linguica

They looked even better cooked but we devoured them before I could even grab my camera -- they were THAT good! And with the pre-made crust (which was actually rather tasty) they cooked up in 7 minutes.

DELISH!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails