1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Ate oysters -- and they were DELICIOUS!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did go to the library more, but I didn't read 30 books. I made new resolutions and you can find them here.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not last year. I think everyone I knew was too busy getting married.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank goodness.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
The ability to keep up my success at work, while also maintaining my social life, seeing my friends and family, pursuing my hobbies AND getting enough sleep!!! I don't think that's too much to ask.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 4th - when I started my new position at work.
Nov 17th - my two year anniversary with Garrett
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting my new position and getting accepted in the Emerging Leaders Program at my work.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being able to juggle my job success so that it could include time for me and time with friends.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I got in a car accident August 9th and my car was totaled. It wreaked havoc on my body a bit.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A cute laptop bag. Wow...I'm starting to feel like my life revolves around work! Boo!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My mom -- for always having an ear to listen, always giving great advice, and being my biggest cheerleader even though I am almost 30! Also Jeremy -- for dealing with divorce with more grace than anyone I know. He deserves a medal.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I think it's a toss up between Spears and Lohan. And if we are being honest, the aforementioned EX.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Debt -- hey, it's getting paid off though!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Taking Garrett to Humboldt, work successes, time that I spent with my family this summer.
16. What songs will always remind you of 2007?
Amsterdam by Peter, Bjorn, and John
Modern World by Wolf Parade
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:? a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Happier, Fatter, Richer -- meh. Two outta three ain't bad.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spent more time by the ocean. Got out of town a bit more. Garrett's house has been in the process of being remodeled for almost 6 months now, and even though it's pretty much done, it definitely took the wind out of our vacation sails for the latter part of the year.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
In Lincoln with my family and with Garrett -- it was super fun!
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
No but I stayed in love. It amazes me how truly smitten I still am.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Barefoot Contessa, Grey's Anatomy, The Hills, Top Chef -- TV is for zoning out, not always for changing the world.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
The Kite Runner. Such a page turner, plus quite a bit of it takes place in Fremont, where I grew up, so it was a bit nostalgic.
25. Who were your favorite musical artists?
New Pornographers, Of Montreal, Peter Bjorn & John, Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins, Cold War Kids
26. What did you want and get?
To live with Garrett.
27. What did you want and not get?
To live with Garrett permanently.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
God I hardly remember any movies that I saw this year. Did The Descent come out this year -- cuz I'm STILL talking about how scary that was!
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
It's ironic that this is the 29th question because I celebrated my 29th birthday -- at Apple Hill for the day and then in keeping with tradition dinner at Latitudes.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not much -- it was pretty satisfying.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
I think I described my personal fashion concept pretty well here.
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ryan Gosling, Peter Sarsgaard, Joaquin Phoenix, Max from Dancing with the Stars. They do it.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Reducing my "carbon footprint." Although I have 2 things to say about that. 1. I hate that phrase, it is lame. It's so lame that I want to obdurately oppose it, except that behind the stupid semantics its probably a smart thing to do. 2. Does that count as a political issue? Because I think it is a human issue and shouldn't have anything to do with politics, but it is what sprung to mind first when I thought about political issues. Also lame.
35. Who did you miss?
Jenny Penny. MOVE UP HERE, damnit. And bring your ugly Christmas Sweaters.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I quite like my cousin Jim's girlfriend Gina.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
Time is precious and you are the only person who chooses how you spend it.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Physics makes us all its bitches.