July 15, 2009

Black Bean and Corn Salad



Gina sent me a fantastic recipe for this Black Bean Salad that I have been enjoying NON-STOP for the last few days so I thought I would share.

It's a delicious combo of black beans with corn, and I don't know about you but in the summertime I can't get enough corn. The best part about it is that you probably have most of the ingredients sitting in your pantry. I adapted the original recipe, which was a Guy Fieri recipe on Food Network, because there were a few ingredients I didn't have on hand and going to the grocery store was not in the cards that day. It is so simple and tasty.

Black Bean and Corn Salad

1 Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
1 Can of Corn
***Can I HIGHLY, highly recommend Trader Joe's canned corn. It is the best corn from a can that I have ever tasted. Crunchy and sweet, and from a can? Seriously good.
2 Roma Tomatoes, chopped
1 Red Pepper, diced
1/2 of a Red Onion, diced finely
3 Scallions, Chopped
1 Jalapeno -- leave the seeds in for more heat otherwise seed -- finely diced
3 TBS honey
Juice of 1 lime
1 TBS kosher salt
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
A few pinches of cumin (I love cumin!)

*Also, some cilantro would be fantastic in here. I just didn't have any on hand.

Mix well and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours and then enjoy! It is perfect to pop in a tupperware for lunches all week. I wish I had some in my lunch today!

The next summery salad on my list to make is this Asparagus Summer Salad.

I'll let you know how it turns out!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails